...but did it have to be my dryer!!!??? Sigh, yes, my dear old (wait....didn't I just buy that thing?) dryer is has chucked in the towel (or *out* the towel, in this case) and said, "no more". It started rebelling a couple of days ago and tonight, again, it quit half way during the cycle. Now....what do you think my chances are of getting a new dryer installed by Christmas? I'm thinking pretty slim... Sigh... Tomorrow is my last "free" day before Christmas and I'd lined up a "to-do" list pretty long, and, trust me, "buying a dryer" just wasn't on there. But now it's been bumped to the top.
That news kinda put the "icing-on-the-cake" for my last couple of days - ones that have already been filled with a lot of sad stories. I've learned in my job that the suicide rates jump at Christmas but the expectation still doesn't help the calls (nor the callers) when it happens... Dysfunctional families seem to get worse and even "normal" ones start doing crazy things during this time of the year. It's really sad... My heart breaks for the families who are losing loved ones this week - it just always seems so much worse at Christmas.....
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment