Friday, December 01, 2006

Comfort in the cold....

...brrrrr....this cold is starting to get to me! Well, we're back from Lethbridge where we spent four wonderful days with Tanya, Tom and the kids. It's always so relaxing when we go there because we can just fit in with their schedule and spend time with them and the children, just doing everyday things - cooking, playing games, visiting, etc.,. I brought my new stock pot with me and may hear about it for the rest of my life - LOL! I brewed up a delicious "cockle-warming" (as in "cockles of your heart"!) vegetable beef stew but kind of got carried away as far as the amount! Let's just say the Listers will have soup for quite awhile (fortunately it can be frozen!)... I'd planned to post a photo of the bubbling brew (yes, it was memorable enough an occasion to take photos!) but for some reason my blog isn't even giving me that option tonight! Nor even the option to change color or size of my font!! What the heck!?! Maybe the system is down, it's so cold.... LOL! I don't know...beats me!

If I find it, I'll post some pics as Floyd took some good ones of the kids as well... Poor Kellen was sick most of the time - particularly in the morning and night - he seemed to perk up during the afternoons and feel a bit like his usual happy self.

Tan and I were able to do some sewing and cutting patterns while we were there - and I was so glad that we were able to fix some issues that her sewing machine was having! We thought it needed to be taken in for "servicing" and got a quote, which, in turn, drove us to the manual and we were able to "fix" it ourselves! It was only a button that needed to be pushed in! LOL! The store probably would have charged us over $60 to push it in...

On the way home, we stopped in to see Clayton in Claresholm and have coffee with him at the detachment. Amanda, apparently, hasn't been feeling well, so we didn't get to see her and little Breanna - next time! It was good to see Clay, thought - it's been a long time. He'll have to be visiting someone in the family soon, to get rid of a little critter in his house (no, not Bree!) - I think he's leaning towards Blackfalds, next time he's through (look out KB and Bob)!

We didn't get to see much of Tom as he had something on every night but hopefully we'll see more of him at Christmas - only 3 weeks away!!! Yahoo!!

Well, I'm ticked off because this blog isn't working...so I'm gonna stop writing for tonight and I'll put more on tomorrow, okay? Maybe then it'll have the options up and running again.....

CSI Miami is calling my name and I have an hour before bedtime.....stay warm...and comfortable...in the cold!!

No comments: