Monday, December 25, 2006

Moments from our Christmas....

Well, it was a lovely one... We had everyone up at our house and it was full! Okay, not as full as the wedding, mind you, but full nonetheless! I've decided to blog it in point form as I'm really tired and I want to make sure I hit the highlights! So, here are some of the things we did - from the 23rd to the 26th:

~ as per usual, we celebrated our Christmas on the 24th which is always nice because it gives us an extra day to relax. It was doubly-good for Tanya who was able to go out in the late afternoon, her gift certificate in hand, and take advantage of the boxing-day prices without the boxing-day crowds! On the evening of the 23rd, Floyd, Kristy, Bob, Mandy, Jorge and I went to church for the candlelight service which was very nice.

~ on the 24th we had an incredible turkey dinner with all the trimmings - prepared (as per tradition!) by Floyd - thanks, honey! This time, though, Tanya was privy to the secret ritual of the "making of the stuffing"! She was awake in the wee hours of the morning (probably the main reason that it has been kept a "secret") and decided to help her Dad in the kitchen. Apparently they had a good time in the making and a nice visit at the same time...

~ poor little Kellen was not well the whole time. We weren't sure what his illness was but attributed it to some kind of flu, due to the symptoms (high fever). He didn't eat much and was so unhappy. It kept Tan and I up nights but we were able to take turns with him as well as get some sleep when he did... Poor little Kell-Bell...we felt so bad for him.

~ we tried, at one point, to head down to Hawrelak Park to see the Bright Nights display but the lineup was so long, they were turning cars away. So we decided to try another night soon and headed over to Candy Cane Lane instead. We hadn't dressed to get out of the cars and walk, but we did anyway and it was very nice. Not too cold but definitely chilly! There appeared to be more houses involved this year than the last time we went, as well, which was nice. Then home to a warm house and something warm to drink...

~ we all got wonderful gifts - ones that showed a lot of thought gone into them (not that the lists didn't help as well!). I'm looking forward to reading my book, using my new coffee mug (LOL!), and serving meals on my new food platters!!

~ on Christmas Day (our Boxing Day...), Adriana made some delicious turkey soup for us all! It was so good and she made a double dose so I can freeze it for later! Thanks, Adrie!!

~ on two of the nights, Tanya, Tom, Floyd and I attempted to watch movies but we always got started so late, we never were able to finish. So, for them, "Walk the Line" needs to be finished, and, for us, "King Kong" is on the to-watch list... Some day...some day...

~ the last night we were able to actually get everyone together (not an easy feat, trust me!) for a board game (maybe spelled "bored" for poor Jorge who, I fear, might have got lost with (a) the questions, and (b) our rapid chatter!). Yes, it was the boys against the girls for "80's Trivia Pursuit" and, while we did have a lot of fun, we did realize that we knew very little about the 80s!! As Tom so eloquently put it, "I lived this, for crying out loud!"... LOL! The conversations were all over the place (very reminiscent of a "While You Were Sleeping" segment - LOL!) but *we* knew what we were talking about!

Anyway...all in all, it was a wonderful Christmas and time together. I've updated my photoblog in case you want to see pics. I'll be putting more on there tonight as well....

And soon....2007!

No comments: