...Where did they all go? Mandy, Jorge and I went hunting for shoes for the wedding tonight. Where did all the white shoes, that covered the shelves two weeks ago, disappear to? She's looking for something low (she's about the same height as Jorge) and, of course, white - nothing fancy - but there's nothing out there! All the blacks and browns of winter are here... As soon as you walk up to a salesperson and say the word "white", they start shaking their head! Oh, well, we will have to keep on hunting, I guess... She can't be the only bride of the winter.
The plans are coming together and we're having a lot of fun times and some stressful, not-so-fun times as we work it all out - careful not to forget something important...like...ummm...I don't know...I forgot! Anyway, Mandy and Jorge spent the weekend with Kristy and Bob in Blackfalds and her sister helped her put some plans down on paper, make some phone calls and firm some things up - so that was a big help. If it was left to just Mandy and I, this has been the common scenario as of late: one of us says, "Shouldn't we be doing something about the wedding (or reception)?", then we just look at each other, scream, "aaarrgghhhh", then go watch a movie or do something else. Ha ha. But actually I'm proud of us now because we've been setting some daily/weekly goals and are achieving them. Before bed we remind ourselves of what we have accomplished that day for the wedding! There are a lot of things in our favor such as the fact that we are having the reception in a historic barn, so we are not allowed to decorate the old beams or walls - sweet! That solves the "how to decorate the hall" problem! We found a wonderful girl who helped Mandy pick out her bouquet and is providing it at a really good price - we were both holding our breath while she got out the calculator - but were amazed at the final quote - much less than other stores were quoting. We've got all the dresses for the bridesmaids and flower girls and the guys have their tuxes ordered so that's done. What's with that anyway - how come guys can walk in a store and walk out 30 minutes later with only having to provide their own underwear and socks!! Shoes, handkerchiefs, cufflinks, everything is included with the tux!! How fair is that? Why don't they have rental places for women where we can walk in and rent everything? I think that's the store I'm going to open when I retire.... Think it would work? Tomorrow the invitations for the shower go out - we haven't told Mandy anything about that yet - she just has to show up! I hope she'll enjoy what her sisters and friends are preparing... So that's our life right now - most of our spare moments are filled with "the preparations"... 38 days and counting...
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment