
Mandy and Jorge "on top of the world"***********
We're back! We had a wonderful trip to Jasper - we were so glad we went after all. Tuesday turned into a beautiful day - it rained on the way there and almost up to the park gates but while we were having lunch in the townsite, the sun broke through the clouds and we headed for the tramway! It was incredible. We took coats but really didn't need them (story of my life - ha ha! - don't say anything, Derrick!) and actually made it all the way to the top. Okay, okay, yes, Floyd, I was gullible enough to believe that Dutch guy that said there was a lady up top giving out medallions to all the women who made it! After all, what guy in his right mind would fly to a foreign country, climb a mountain and just randomly stop and lie to a complete stranger! Sigh.... We were especially proud of Floyd, who also went all the way to the summit - even though towards the end he became our official "bench-spotter"! Good for you, dear - not many people your age would have made it. (note to Tanya and Kristy - he wanted to go - we tried to tell him he didn't have to, but you know your Dad!). More stories of our trip to follow.....
2 comments:
I'm glad you guys had a fun trip - I really wish I was able to go, but oh, well, maybe next time.
Let Dad know that I am proud of him as well, I'm sure you didn't have to make him go, I know Dad would have wanted to go!
Can't wait to hear more stories from your trip.
Love you!
I am so glad you had such a great time!!! Love those pics!
Post a Comment