Thursday, September 28, 2006

When you take your man shopping....

...do they chase crawling, severed hands around on the floor? Ha ha - well, that's what happened to Mandy and I yesterday when we three went to Michaels to do some wedding shopping. We were supposed to be checking out centerpieces for the tables, programs, etc., etc. Mandy and I were hard at it when Jorge discovered, much to his delight, the Hallowe'en aisles! It went all downhill from there - or should I say, "down on the floor" as he watched with delight the bleeding, crawling hand (severed at the elbow!) that crawled across the floor all by itself. Gag, barf - Mandy and I were almost throwing up at the things he found! Every time we turned around, we were presented with another of their horrific oddities! In spite of it all, though, we women were able to concentrate and get some items and more ideas for the reception (check more things off the list!). Note on the side: Tanya, please don't take the girls into Michaels until Hallowe'en is over! Mind you, it seems to me, that it gets worse and sicker every year. It's getting so you can't take the little guys anywhere now without them being scared by the overactive imaginations of our sick adults. I even saw life-size mummies and frankensteins standing at the door in Save On foods a couple of days ago. Does anyone notice how, over the years, this day has changed and become more perverted? The seemingly innocent days of my youth - when we would dress up as Sylvester the cat or Huckleberry Hound and go door to door in our crescent seeking out the home-made goodies of all the grandmothers on the street - have been replaced by adults dressing up (on the job during the day as well as at night in their houses) with what would appear to be, the sole purpose of terrifying the young children who visit them! I don't understand it and wonder how we can change the downward spin this day is taking... I'm glad that we, as a family, stopped "celebrating" (if you can call it that) years ago. It's a step I've never regretted!

1 comment:

Floyd said...

Hi. I guess that show us that Saten is at work more thatn we realize eh?