Well, I finally did it! Last night we rented and watched Braveheart. Can't believe I hadn't watched it before but there you go... It was gruesome at times (Mandy and I are still trying to forget the sword through the eye scene!) but an awesome movie none the less and with Mel Gibson as the star, how could you go wrong? It did make me a bit ashamed of my English roots though but I also marvelled that, after all that history, the two countries are so amicable now. Unfortunately for Jorge, there were no Spanish subtitles but he assured us that he'd already seen it 50,000 times (a slight exaggeration, I would think...) and it was okay. However, after a few minutes, we did put on the English subtitles for someone else (no names mentioned to protect the innocent!) - ha ha, I love you, dear!!
We got to bed about 12:30, I think and I slept until 10:30 - so I finally made up for some of my lost sleep over the weekend. Tomorrow morning, bright and early (Jorge wants to leave at 2:00 a.m. but I don't see that happening!), we four are heading to Jasper! We almost cancelled because our goal was to take Jorge to see it in the summer and the forecast was not cooperating on that end. Now we've decided, what the heck, it's Alberta - give it a minute and the weather will change anyway - so we're gonna go. We'll be overnighting in the Lobstick Lodge for one night and then coming back Wednesday night. Mandy says she's never been in a hot spring (she must have been too little to remember - sorry Ruley!), so Miette will definitely be on our "to do" list, and the tramway if the weather is good.
Yahoo....on the road again!!
Monday, September 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have a GREAT time!! I will miss you!
Post a Comment