Monday, July 09, 2007

Wow!

It's been a long time since I've blogged and I feel bad but the days have just been flying by this past week. It's been a hot one and Floyd and I have been enjoying the sun, planting some more perennials, and enjoying our back yard. He's worked hard to make it so nice and cleans the fountains regularly to keep them sparkling, not to mention the grass that seems to grow overnight! Thanks, honey!! I sure do love our house and yard...

We've also had fun going around looking at, and test-driving, some trucks. I'd love to just go out and buy him a new one but the money's not there and it seems so much to put into just a vehicle. Meanwhile, we only have Staven because Stella and Burt (our Saturn and Ranger) are both in for servicing (never rains but it pours!).

Saturday we went to Superstore (or "stupidstore" as I usually call it!) as we haven't been there in a long time and I've heard they've cleaned up their act since I deserted them years ago. Back then it was dirty and the staff couldn't care less when it came to customer service. But, apart from the having to pay for bags and having to bag the stuff yourself, we were pleasantly surprised this visit. The prices really were good - comparable to Walmart and Costco. And the thing that struck both of us (cause I must admit we're kinda getting into the healthy eating thing...) was the huge selection (compared to other stores) of organic foods! In almost every category there was organic options - even cookies and crackers! I was surprised. We had fun picking out the organic fruits and veggies - often at *lower* prices and better looking than the regular produce!! Hey, if you don't have to eat pesticides, why would you want to?? I couldn't resist trying a new jam, as well - I'll let you know how it tastes. It's funny because now that I'm eating healthy - probably the healthiest I've ever eaten in my life!! - I find I don't want to mess it up with dead or unhealthy food. I find that foods I'd die for 3 weeks ago just don't hold an interest to me anymore...I'm like, "why would I want to do that to myself?" Ha ha.... But I feel sooooo good, so healthy - I'll tell you, I've only been doing this for two weeks and I have no desire to go back to my previous habits. Tonight we had a potluck supper at work and I just brought some fresh veggies and fruits and was perfectly content! It's a really good feeling, I'll tell you. And I hope and pray it continues because, with the way I feel now, I don't want to go back...

Anyway...yesterday (Sunday) Floyd went to church and I stayed home because my friend, Shelagh, was coming over to scrapbook with me. The plan *had* been for me to go to church Saturday night but, unfortunately, it didn't happen. I cleaned up and vacuumed before she came over and then, for the first hour, we chatted and caught up on each others' news (lol). Then we got down to some serious scrap-booking. She's doing an album for her son, Dallas, and I was working on some Easter 2006 photos of Adriana, Erilyn, Amelie and Kellen. The guys (Floyd and her husband, Ray) came home around 1:30 and we were gonna do a BBQ but Ray suggested we let someone else do the cooking, so we went to Red Robins. I can't remember the last time I was there but I know there were teenagers at the table!! So that says something! I had an oriental salad with grilled chicken - it was so yummy - I didn't even need the dressing!! It's fun to experiment with restaurant foods I never have tried. Normally I would have opted for the burger and fries but found I loved this dish and didn't miss the grease....

After that we went home where Cynthia was with the kids. We all went over to their house to get some stuff and the dog, then Samantha and I picked up a few of her things.... Then it was back to work. Ugh. After six days off, I'll tell you, I didn't feel like walking through the doors! But once I got back into it, the night went well and now, here it is 1:30 already! And I get off at 4:30 tonight and tomorrow so that's all good!

Well, that's it for now - I'll update my health tip as well 'cause you all probably know how much water you should be drinking by now!!

No comments: