Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Well, I'm still doing my Isagenix thing and feeling really good about it. Today is my second cleansing day and I'm looking forward to it. I'm excited about taking steps towards a good healthy lifestyle. It must be rubbing off on Floyd, too, because yesterday he came home from the store with all organic veggies and bananas! Ha ha! Good for him! He said they were only about 10 cents more per pound than the others - that's not bad. We need to do some shopping around though because I'm sure there are other places that have a greater selection of organic produce than Safeway.

Whenever I am visiting Tanya and Tom, I try to make sure, early in my stay, to make a visit to a little spot beside their stereo - a spot where I know I will find Tom's latest "read". I'm always interested to see the books he's into and this past visit I was, as usual, not disappointed. Okay, that's not 100% correct - at first I was a little skeptical, but only because I found out the author was the same guy that wrote, "What Would Jesus Eat?" and I'd seen that book and thought it was kinda dumb. Never read it, mind you, but just thought the whole premise was dumb because Jesus wasn't surrounded by the foray of fattening, but infinitely delicious, foods that we're bombarded with on a daily basis. I mean, really, food back then was basically all organic and home-made anyway. But that's another story. This book was entitled "The Seven Pillars of Health". We discussed it briefly when we were there with them and about steps that we were all taking to move in the direction of healthy eating. Well, when I got back and onto my Isagenix program, I bought the book and, boy, have I been devouring it! It's incredible. Just the passages (it's divided into "Day one, Day two, etc") on water were mind-blowing. It does go into depth on types of water that are better for you (i.e. bottled over tap, one filtering system over another) and you could get lost and think it's all too much to take in. But the thing I like is that at the end of each "day", he highlights the main point and then gives you a simple step that you can take towards the goal without being overwhelmed.

So, thanks, Tom, for, once again, pointing me in the direction of a really good book. So far it also goes hand-in-hand with my current program as well, so that's good to know.

Other news - this weekend has been so exciting. I've spent it with my sister and there have been incredible steps of freedom that she's taken for herself and her precious children! I don't want to go into it here (okay, I do want to, but it's her story to tell, not mine) and so we'll leave it at that for now. God is good and His timing is perfect. Amen.

Kristy was up yesterday and spent the afternoon with us. It was so good to see her and she was all golden brown from the sun!! She looked so beautiful - I guess she's started on her African tan already!!

More later....

No comments: