Woo hoo!!! Today Floyd and I went to pick up Stella (with her brand new radiator - you don't want to know how much!!) so now we both have wheels again. Burt is still in intensive care at the Ford dealership - we're not sure if he's going to make it or not...
After that, we went to Walmart because Floyd wanted to show me the new addition - yes, it's open!! Our Super Walmart!!! Yahoo! Soooo, we just strolled the new aisles, and were blown away by the selection they have! Bye bye Stupid Store (sorry, Tanya, I know that word's been overused in my last two blogs....) and Hello Super Walmart!! Ha ha. That love affair didn't last long, did it?! Yeah, these guys have a selection that gives Superstore a good run for their money - especially in the organic section (cause that's where I was grazing - LOL!). And, I couldn't believe it!! In their frozen food aisle, I found the Food For Life products (http://www.foodforlife.com/) that are discussed in Seven Pillars of Health!! Ha ha...Dad and I had a good laugh as we looked at the Ezekiel 4:9 English muffins (yes, that's actually what they're called!!), the Genesis 1:29 breads and the Nature's Path organic Manna breads (http://www.naturespath.com/)! Ya think they're Christian companies?? All the ingredients are not only organic, but also use all the whole grains and, supposedly, are much better for you. So, we figured, why not??? We bought 2 packages of the Ezekiel 4:9 English muffins (one regular and one cinnamon raisin) and one loaf of Carrot Raisin Manna Bread!! LOL!! And, yes, Tan, we bought some turkey bacon for when the girls are here!
I also went on a hunt for coloring sheets/books to mail to Mandy for her birthday. Oh, my goodness!! Here comes my pet peeve of the year!! What the heck happened to coloring books?? After I gave up on Walmart, I went to Toys 'R Us, Zellers, Dollar stores, Kites 'N Other Delights, etc., etc., etc!! Nada, nunca, zip, nothing!! Now I know why I started to stock pile all those coloring books when my girls were little and started xeroxing them!! Now I've got to see if I still have any worth copying down in the toy cupboard! The dollar stores had lots of variety, but they were junk - not the kind I was looking for. But I did find a couple of other fun things, so wait for it, Mandy, - birthday package coming your way soon!!
Well, that's it for now - I've got to get the house ready for my cousin, Margaret, and her family (including my Uncle John!) who are coming to visit from England next week!!
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes it was fun going to the Mew Wal Mart. I think some of the people thought we were nuts standing in the isle with a pkg of muffin's and laughing. They sure do have a large selection. I hope they get the produce and the meat counter open soon.
Isn't it amazing? One of our favorite stops when we travel to Washington is to the super walmarts! I am always blown away by how much more selection they have than our little stores!
Question - how much more expensive IS it to buy organic? I always assumed it would be out of our price range but you make it sound pretty much the same as other stuff.
Hey Buff - it depends... At Superstore we found the veggies and fruits were only a few cents more per pound - worth it to us. And there were some things (carrots and celery, I think) that were even cheaper than the regular items! Our Walmart hasn't opened their meat and produce section yet, so I'm not sure what prices those will be. As far as packaged/canned goods, there was a significant cost (like maybe .25 on a can) - but it depends on your budget. I don't believe we could have done it when we had kids at home but now we can. It's worth checking out, though, I think. Do you have one near you yet??
Post a Comment