Sunday, July 29, 2007

"For the beauty of the earth..."

God brings beauty into our lives in so many ways and forms. Yesterday and early this morning, I was blessed by two “visions” of beauty:

- first of all, in the afternoon, Kristy and Bob came over to drop off a mattress for one of our beds – their old one that they were getting rid of. When Kris hopped out of the truck, I was struck by how beautiful she looked!! Here it was a boiling hot day and I expected her to be in shorts or capris, suitable for the work she was doing. But, no, she was in a pretty skirt and top, and I can’t tell you how beautiful she looked! It’s not that she doesn’t wear skirts a lot but more the fact that if ever there might have been an excuse not to wear one, it would have been then – in and out of a truck, moving furniture, etc. But she looked so feminine, refreshed (might have been the A/C in the truck – LOL!), and just, just – beautiful!! She said that she loves wearing them now – “Once you start, Mum, you won’t be able to stop!!” Good for you, KB!

- secondly, Floyd and I were woken up about 12:30 a.m. to an incredible light & sound show courtesy of our Lord. Madison didn’t appreciate it and headed to the basement, but we opened all our bedroom blinds and windows and relaxed side-by-side to enjoy the view. It was incredible and lasted for an hour or more. I eventually fell asleep, so am not sure exactly how long it continued. But the beauty was not only found in the sky, it was also found in the amazing contentment of laying in bed, holding hands with the one you love and watching it together! God, you are so awesome, so incredible and I give you all the praise and the glory – forever and ever…

No comments: