...clean out the freezer! I know that this is a pet peeve of Kristy's, so, KB, you'll be happy to know I did it! Okay, okay...you gotta know there was a story behind it, 'cause it wasn't on my "to-do" list, and yet it got done!
Skip back to 5 p.m. today - Mandy and Jorge had eaten out, so I asked Floyd what he wanted for supper. We decided to eat up some of the stuff we have in the freezer, so we pulled out two turkey breasts (stuffed with wild rice and veggies - yummy...). As I was pulling them out of the box, and scraping off the 1/2" of frost and ice on them, I thought they looked smaller than I'd remembered but figured the company was getting cheap and the portions, therefore, were getting smaller.... Uh...no. We baked them and sat down to eat. I tried cutting mine with a regular knife and couldn't, so Mandy, who was observing from the sidelines, offered to get us steak knives. Still no success. They were as hard as leather and there was just no eating them. We binned them and after I'd done the dishes, I wondered if there'd been an expiry date on the box - looked and, sure enough, there it was - 05 may 12 - oh. Ha ha. I immediately went on a frenzy and started looking at the other boxes in the freezer and found two more from 2005. Found strawberries from 2003, meatballs from 2004 and, ta da - spinach from 2001!! ROTFLOL!!
So, now both my freezers are clean, organized, a lot more empty....and a lot more healthier!
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ewww, spinach from 2001! That's soooo funny :-) I should probably clean out ours too - yuck!
Thanks for the comment on my blog :-) That was very nice of you to stop by! I was reading some of your posts and was wondering if you are a 911 dispatcher? My mother did that for about 8 years - just now quit in 2006. Quite an interesting/stressful job!
You are right, we are way south of you...near Fort Worth, Texas. Usually we have cold winters with an occassional freeze - but the weather is so weird lately. I was watching the news tonight and they said a possibility of an INCH of snow tomorrow -- no way! (I doubt it will really happen though :) All of you probably think snow is old news as much as you get it but here it's shocking!
Thanks again for stopping by my blog. I have really enjoyed getting to know Tanya and I can tell how close you all are - it's very sweet and RARE these days!
Sorry that comment is HUGE!
Chloe! Nice to here from you, too. I'll answer your question on your blog.....
Post a Comment