I got off work at 6:30 this morning and was in bed by 7. I was so tired. I slept til about 11:15 and ended up getting up because it's my first day off and I don't want to waste it! Jorge isn't feeling well, so he and Mandy were home when I got up, talking to his parents. It reminded me of how much I need to review my Spanish before I go there. The thought terrifies me and I really have to get over that. I need to cut myself some slack and just go with what I have and trust the Lord to help me understand them....
Floyd had a chicken already in the oven and I helped him fix the veggies and get lunch ready. It was really good and we sat and talked for awhile after - about the trip tomorrow (Mandy and Jorge are flying to Vancouver in the morning) - and other "stuff". After lunch we kinda went our separate ways - Floyd to watch some TV, Mandy to do some scrapbooking, Jorge some computer stuff and I washed dishes then worked on some photos (hee hee) for the contest.
In the evening, we threw a pizza in the oven and all of us watched the movie "World Trade Center". It was okay - really sad in parts and made me cry...but not what I thought it would be. It basically just focused on two of the N.Y. officers who survived (and their families) but I kept thinking - what about all the thousands of others? Maybe the whole scene is too fresh in all of our minds for them to have done justice to it this early. For them to try and re-enact the scenes that we can still see, might have been too hard and made it too emotional to watch. The few outside crowd scenes they did seemed to be contrived and unreal compared to the reality we saw for days, weeks and months on television.
I got an email today from Tom telling us about the movie "Three" that apparently is now playing in the cinemas here - based on Ted Dekker's book. I'm glad he told me because I didn't even know it had been made!! We plan to go see it this week when Mandy and Jorge are back - maybe on the weekend.... Thanks, Tom!! It's a good job you stay with the news and what's happening, 'cause I sure don't!!
That's all for now - looks like Tan got back home from Calgary safely as I see some comments on the photo challenge blog - hope you had a fun weekend, Tan!
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment