Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm Back from Blackfalds (and really into "B"'s!)...

I know, you probably didn't even miss me, but yesterday afternoon I drove down to spend the evening (and night) with Kristy and Bob. We had an exchange of goods to do (some Costco stuff for me, Andy Griffith Season 8 for KB) and it was nice to just hit the highway and also visit with them...

During the morning yesterday, I experimented out in the back yard with my camera (taking pics into the sunlight to see "the light show" (a term of Bryan Peterson's meaning the little circles of lights that can happen when you do that). It was cool and I got some interesting results... Half-blinded me, mind you, but interesting none-the-less! Nah, I'm just kidding (sort of...)....

I met Floyd after his bowling and we walked the mall for half an hour, then went home and I puttered around until it was time to leave for Blackfalds.

The drive was really nice - I was fortunate because I hit the sunset going down (yes, I stopped to take some pics!) and the sunrise coming back (no...didn't see any shots that grabbed me then!). I met KB at work and we went to Walmart because she had to get her passport photos taken. We also bought a cake mix (to try out her new silicone baking pans) and a cheap Johnny Cash DVD of a 1993 concert he did. Back home, the two of us set about making supper (garlic chicken!) while Bob watched TV. KB and I even had time for some Yahtzee while dinner was in the oven! After supper (so yummy!), we made the cake and put it in the oven, then decided to watch "Cars" - Bob got it for Christmas and none of us had watched it, so there you go! It was good but I do confess to having droopy eyelids during the middle! (As Floyd would say, I wasn't sleeping, I was just resting my eyes!). After the movie, Bob (and Hudson!) went to bed and Kristy and I iced the cake, then each had a piece (couldn't resist) while we watched about 5 songs of the Johnny Cash concert. It was good - it's kinda nice to see the artist rather than just always listening to them....

We got to bed late (after 11, I think) but were up early this a.m. because Kris and Bob had to go to work. I left the same time as them and was back in the city by 9. I'm tired but have to get my eyes examined at 12, so might grab a little nap in the afternoon. We'll see....back to work tomorrow (rats....)

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Mumma,
I was going to blog about your visit, but I think you did a great job! I love spending time with you! Thanks so much for being my bestest friend - God knew I needed you!!

Glad you had fun with us "B"arnes in "B"lackfalds!! haha - those B's just show up all over the place!!

Love you so much!
KB

Wendy said...

LOL! You're right! You can still blog about it - it's always different from another perspective!

Love you too!

Floyd said...

Ya well I MISSED you. Sorry you had to go back to work today.I talked to Tanya this morning and she has been feeling really tiredso she hasn't been Bloging.

love you

Mommy said...

Sounds like you all had a great visit. I think it's so neat that you are all so close. I love reading about things your family does together - it's really inspiring as sappy as that sounds!

Sooo, while your expiramenting with your camera - you should post some pictures on your blog! :) I'd love to see the things you are learning!