Had a good one today - I worked day one (0630-1830), so that was good. The day was steady, not insane and not bad for a Friday. The drivers on the highways are obviously still struggling with learning how to drive in snowy, icy conditions, so accidents were our busiest calls. But I had two visitors which made my day - first of all, Craig stopped by and we visited. He'd been on a day course in the building and was on his way home. It was really good to catch up on his news and find out how he's doing. Then about an hour later, Leigh from the Fort (he'd managed to escape for the weekend!) appeared behind me and we were able to chat for about half an hour (between calls and radio...).
After work I met Mandy, Jorge and Floyd at Westmount cinema to see a movie. Okay, that place must be on the verge of closing - either that or the staffing crisis in Alberta is still at a peak! Because (a) the box office was closed, and (b) you had to stand in the concession line to buy your tickets!! What the heck?? Yeah, so basically, the whole cinema was running on a staff of 3! Two at the concession stand and one to take your tickets as you went in! Ha ha....
Anyway, we went to see the move, Three - a movie based on Ted Dekker's book. If you haven't read his books, you should. They are suspense thrillers but he has an incredible way of helping you visualize the spiritual world, the battles we have, and the reality of God and salvation. I hadn't read this one yet (I have 3 or 4 of his on my "to-read" list) so it was new to all of us. It was really well done and kept you in suspense until the end (which I won't reveal to you in case you want to go see it and/or read the book) and was a big step towards seeing more Christian fiction put into the movies.
We came home after and sat down and talked about Mandy and Jorge's return to Chile - it will be sad to see them go and we'll sure miss having them around...but we know God is leading them and this is a necessary step for them in getting Jorge's Canadian visa. We are so thankful for the six months that we've had...
I'm also reading a new book on photography - one that Tanya has just bought as well - and it's challenging me to move out of the P (program) and A (auto) modes on my camera into the realm of M (manual!) - one that I haven't used for years and years!! But it's fun and starting to come back to me. Tan, how are you doing??
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh you went to see 3!!!! I wish it was playing here. I really enjoyed the book. Weird eh? What an ending!
Yes! I did it yesterday - I was just relaxing reading and he (the author) told me I had to put down the book and get my camera and shoot at certain settings in M and I did it!! WOOHOO!! Of course I shot only things that stood still - the few I tried of Amelie didn't work so well - more due just to my lack of lighting at the time.
Ha ha...me, too!! I'm so glad we're both reading the book at the same time so we can compare notes!!
Post a Comment