...take a day off...or, in this case, give yourself a day off. I usually check my "to-do" list every morning, whether I'm working or not, to make sure I don't forget anything really important (LOL - getting old, or what?). Yesterday I achieved quite a bit on that list, so today I decided to give myself a day off - to do just what I really wanted to do, which was spend time reading my Bible, study my camera while looking at the manual (usually I only have one or the other!), and to do some knitting. Funny how our minds work (or mine, anyway...) - right away I started thinking, "No, I can't do that... I have too much to do.... Can't "waste" a day off...." But then I realized that if one out of four off was spent relaxing, that's okay. As per my New Year's "resolutions", I want to learn to stop stressing about what should be done and just spend some time doing what I would like to be doing. The tyranny of the urgent - always with us... I know most people (especially when you still have kids at home) don't have this option and I didn't for the first twenty + years of my marriage, but I do now and so I'm silly not to take advantage of it. I hope that doesn't sound selfish... (In a way it does still to me but I'm trying to get over it - LOL!)
So, yeah, that's how my day was spent and it was awesome. First, I spent time with the Lord, catching up on my daily Bible readings. Then I got out my camera in one hand, and manual for it in the other, and started learning how to operate it - I still have a long way to go.... I did some test photos, trying out different shots of the snow falling in the backyard. After lunch, I did some more knitting - made one slipper for me today and hope to do the other one tomorrow, as the ones that I was given have all worn out on the sole. Floyd and I watched Andy Griffith, season seven - all new episodes that I've never seen before - they are so good...
In the evening, we went to the airport to pick up Mandy and Jorge, who flew back from Vancouver (they went yesterday morning for her Chilean visa). We were concerned because the weather is supposed to turn really bad overnight, however the roads were fine and, even though their flight was delayed half an hour, we all got home safely.
Oh, yeah....by the way....in case you're wondering...I did get a call from my work to go in tonight....and I said....(drumroll)..., "no". Proud of me??? LOL...
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad you Relaxed. We did go for a walk at the mall for an hour and that was good but it was cold outside. You need to relax more often. It was good just having you home.
You're right, we did! I forgot that. Although I don't think it was *quite* an hour - almost though....
Ready to go again?
I would but I have to bowl at (: 9:00 sorry. But I do have to walk to the Mall. Want to go???
Glad you had a good and relaxing day - you need those every now and then! BTW - I am glad that you said no to work, I know it was hard, but you need to know you don't have to say yes all the time.
Love you lots,
KB
Yeah, it *was* hard, but I need to do it sometimes.....
HIP! HIP! HOORAY!!!
I am SO glad to hear you did "nothing" all day! You need to do that sometimes Mum.
Post a Comment