Today was a long day but a fruitful and fun one... Floyd left to go to Edmonton to get some stuff from the lake and left early in the morning. The day was nice and cool, so I decided to get an early start in the garden. I basically worked out there most of the day, with a few breaks to either sit and chat with Mandy while she was feeding Josiah or to run to the store to pick up a few plants. I got a lot of raking done and that was badly needed but there's still more to do....another day.
In the evening, Jorge barbecued for us - it was really yummy - he made chicken, steak and sausages (because a bbq just isn't a bbq without sausages...according to Jorge). The food was done before I realized I hadn't been cooking potatoes, so I decided to pull out my pressure cooker and use it for them. Six minutes. Only six minutes. I couldn't believe it!! Okay, that sold me on using it a bit more often than I presently do. I also went out to the garden and pulled some rhubarb up - I couldn't believe it was ready this soon. Then I googled a rhubarb crumble recipe and made it for dessert. Tan brought an apple pie and ice cream and it was really yummy. But the rhubarb was a big hit and Tanya went out and took some home with her as well.
There was more but I am sooo tired - I just have to get to bed and tomorrow I have to get up early...another day...sorry....
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I want to try some rhubarb crumble!! Will you make some when I come??
Love you! See you soon!
Post a Comment