I'm trying not to...but the last time I blogged (a lot!!) it told me it was saving it (I trusted that little yellow balloon that read, "Now Blogger saves your drafts automatically!") and it didn't. I was so mad, I just closed my laptop and said, "too bad, so sad"...ha ha.
Anyway...I'll try again. Today is Mother's Day and I'm working so that's kind of sad as I'd like to be spending time with my girls but there you go... I was thinking (go figure) about my Mum and how wonderful it would be to have a cup of tea with her right now. And chat with her about life and all that's happened in the past 10 1/2 years since she left. But that will have to wait until we see each other again - face to face - and sit at another table where we can talk forever (literally!). I still miss her and it's funny how sometimes I see her in the mirror as I quickly glance in passing and I have to stop and do a 'double-take'. I never really thought that I looked like her but there are those times when it takes me unawares and I enjoy the feeling. I know that I'm becoming more like her in character and personality as I grow older and I don't know if that's good or bad. Well, that's not actually true - I am proud of the fact but I do recognize that my sometimes stubborn independence might not be enjoyed by my family...
The weather has been rainy on and off for the past week and that's good because it's causing the grass to green up and the plants to start coming through in the garden. I'm excited to see all that I have out there even though it will involve letting some weeds go unpulled until I sort them out from the flowers...
Meanwhile my work inside the house continues but I'm starting to see major daylight at the end of the tunnel. My goals on my last set off were to (a) paint the hallway, and (b) unpack all the boxes that were in the sunporch off our bedroom. I'm glad to say that I achieved both even though the days were busy ones. I look forward to the time when I can relax on my days off and putz around in the garden or walk by the lake. So far I've only walked by the lake once - last Sunday when I was mentioning to Tanya and Mandy that I hadn't had a chance to since the move. They both suggested we take the time and we did and I enjoyed it even more so because it was the three of us and we were able to chat... The hallway looks awesome - Mandy helped me pick the shade of green and I'm really happy with it. I think Floyd is, too, although he had some serious doubts to begin with. I only have our bedroom to go now, upstairs, but I'm waiting until my bedding comes in (ordered online from Sears) to make sure I'm painting it the right shades/colours. Downstairs we still have the family room and hallway to do but that will have to wait for awhile...at least until the electrician is finished with it as I think he has to bash in some walls.
Floyd's so busy and daily tackles the unpleasant tasks of fixing up the major stuff that needs to be done. We've got the date for the electrician and have been looking for someone to put in a new furnace and hot water heater. We were going to go with Sears but have found out that the salesperson they had that takes care of those items has, apparently, quit and they haven't filled the vacancy yet! Weird. So we're looking elsewhere... The upstairs bathroom needs major renos and I think that's next on the list. Floyd plans to replace the tub and put in a new one as well as a tub surround so we can put a shower in there. That will be SO nice!! Right now we just have a little dinky one downstairs that, while it does work, is really tiny and barely gives you room to turn around, let alone pick up something if you drop it!
But that's all for now - or else you're going to be sleeping on me... I hope Blogger co-operates in the future to save my quick notes so that I don't go this long again without an update....
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes sweetie I like the hallway. I even like the living room now that the ugly dark brown is gone. I have to get the window ordered so I can start the bathroom Reno. Hey we need to just take some time and go walking around the lake eh? Love you
Happy Mothers Day.
Wendy happy mother day,,, pleaseeee let me know about Mandyyy and the babyyyyyyyy..with love Sulay.
please let me know, about mandy is too soon the due day,,,, I try to send a letter you old e-mail but said noooooooo,take care sulay
Post a Comment