That's what I almost said to a waitress in Smitty's today. Mandy and I were out with Josiah and Amelie and we went there for lunch. I gave Amelie the "kid's" menu (a little surprised to see that the prices were all $5.99 and up!) and she immediately picked out her meal of choice...macaroni and cheese ("without the lettuce", she added, as the photo had it sitting in a bed of lettuce). I almost choked. Could the day actually come when I would pay $6 for 5o cents worth of macaroni and cheese?? I tried to talk her out of it, after all her first choice for a restaurant had been "McGoggles", didn't she want a hamburger? Chicken fingers? Grilled Cheese Sandwich, even? Anything but mac and cheese! But, no, do what we may, the decision had been made and I gritted my teeth and ordered....sigh.
On another note, today was Adriana's 11th birthday!! We went over for supper (yummy cauliflower soup - good job, Tan!) and cake. She got some lovely presents but was a bit perturbed when there no gift from Gram and Papa. Erilyn was downright offended and perplexed on her behalf, and Amelie loudly proclaimed that, indeed, Grammie was not seen bringing a gift to the party (she'd slept over the night before). But the card said it all - the gift is on order and should be here soon hopefully. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADRIANA!! We love you, sweetie.
The last few days have been busy ones. I had Adriana, Erilyn, and Amelie all over for sleepovers - but one at a time. And it was wonderful as it gave me time to spend with each of them without them having to vie for my attention with their siblings. Floyd was up in Edmonton Friday, Saturday and Sunday - but during that time he went up, came home, went back, and came home again!! So it was a very tiring and busy weekend for him. He went up to get the trailer from the lake so we can have extra sleeping room when Bryan and Sally come to visit in a couple of weeks. We needed to get it out of there anyway. He has also been busy fixing up the bathroom and then today we found out that the basement had a leak from the tremendous downpour we had last night. Poor guy is wiped. I feel so bad because it seems whenever we turn around, we find something else that needs fixing. But his attitude has been awesome and I'm so grateful for my man who can fix anything!!
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment