Sunday, June 08, 2008

Happy Birthday....

...Mum. Even though today we had a family celebration for Jorge's 25th birthday (tomorrow), my thoughts often wandered to my mother today as the date June 8th will always bring her to mind. She was my biggest fan, I'd have to say, and was my most adamant supporter whenever I needed her. She always pushed me to reach new heights, achieve new goals, and was rooting for me all the way. She was a hug when I craved one, a shoulder to cry on when I needed it, and an encourager when I couldn't go on. She told me what I needed to hear even when I didn't want to hear it and she believed in me like no one else ever has - maybe because she was my Mum. And, oddly enough, at the ripe old age of 55, I still miss her...and can't wait to see her again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Querida Wendy, cuando estes triste piensa en que vives cerca de tus hijas, y de los nietos, que estan alli para apoyarte, piensa en mi que tengo casi dos anos en california y no tengo una sola amiga, aqui nadie se mezcla ni tiene tiempo para conversar,te recuerdo con carino, y si piensas que no perteneces alli, donde hablas el mismo idioma,,, donde tienes familia,,piensa en mi que vivo lejos de mi lengua , mi familia y mi cultura, y dale Gracias a Dios por todas tus Bendiciones,,mucho animooooooo que estan en primavera..disfrutalo mucho..Que Dios te Bendiga.tu amiga Sulay.