Well, if you've been reading Floyd's and Tanya's blog, you'll know that we caved and invested (trust me, it's more of an investment than a purchase - ha ha!) in a pressure cooker.
Day one we got home and decided to try it out for stew for the Listers who were arriving that night. We had fun doing it but it scared me spitless when it first started hissing! Ha ha. When I get something new like that, I enjoy reading all the instructions, etc., before using it, and I didn't really have time to do that, so I was nervous going into the adventure. Then, when it started sputtering and hissing, I nearly died! Floyd was laughing at me as I was dancing around the kitchen, yelling at him to take it off the heat...it wasn't a pretty sight. Ha ha. At that moment, all I could think of was, "Why on earth did I buy this beast!??!!" But the stew was done within the hour and tasted delicious and by the time it was over, I had made my peace with the pot and was looking forward to reading about it so I could overcome my nervousness.
Tonight, I'm looking forward to a evening getting caught up on my "to-do" list and then going into nightshift tomorrow. No snow yet and the weather was quite nice today when I walked on my lunch break...
We had a wonderful weekend with Tom, Tanya and the kids - as always - and our house was buzzing with activity.
Now it's quiet again and still for sale...sigh...
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment