That title reminds me of the shaggy host from the Muppet Show...can't remember his name...but he used to yell it to encourage the audience to clap when he introduced a new guest. There's been a part of me that just wants to 'give it up' (no, not clap) lately. Re our house, re a new job, everything... It just seems like every day we're in limbo, not knowing what's going to happen. On the way home from Lethbridge, I gave it all up to the Lord but now I need to live with that decision every day. I mean, really, if we're meant to move - our house *will* sell and I *will* get a job down there. Yesterday the job opening in Claresholm was posted and I submitted my resume for that today. I now have two jobs in the works but no house. I don't want to commute as it's just too far and I don't want to leave Floyd for that long. So, I get in this panic mode and think, "We've GOT to sell this house!" But we haven't even had an offer on it... I'm thinking that six months from now, I'll look back and say, "Ohhhh, so *that's* why the house didn't sell!" Because God has shown me many things during my life time and one of those things is that everything works for good if we go with His timing. So that's what I'm going to try and do...rest in Him.
On to other things... Today I was in the kitchen baking bread, when I saw a guy from Epcor on our deck, reading our meter. I thought it strange because we have the gate locked from the inside, so they always either come to our door or else leave a note so we can phone in the reading. I told Floyd that we needed to check because obviously the gate wasn't locked. Well, later on, Floyd went out and told me to come out and look. This guy had (believe it or not!) stepped up on Floyd's truck (his footprint was in the snow) and jumped over our fence!! What the heck!!?? He tore off some of the fence in the process and it infuriated us! Since when do Epcor employees resort to hopping over 6ft fences!?? It makes me wonder what his night job is! I phoned and left a message saying that I felt it was a real invasion of our privacy. Apparently they called back, spoke to Floyd, and said they're going to "look into it". I should hope so!
Tonight I have another cooking class - this one is on "Rustic Breads". I'm looking forward to it. Then, after, I go straight to work and work nights tonight and tomorrow. Oh, joy. Friday night ought to be fun. I remember back when I started, the winter nights were relatively quiet and we could kick back and relax a bit but not any more. There's not much difference, now, in summer nights and the winter. The only good thing is that the shift goes by fast...
Thursday, November 29, 2007
"Give it up!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment