Monday, November 26, 2007

Get Smart and get to bed!!

I just got back from being in Lethbridge for a few reasons. Most importantly was Isabella's dedication on Sunday. It was a wonderful, blessed time - celebrating with Tanya and Tom as they gave their newest little blessing back to God. Another was to have an interview with Lethbridge Regional Police Service for a position there. I feel the interview went well and I should know by the end of next week if I'm in the running...

While I was there, Tanya and I had the opportunity to look at some houses in Magrath and Picture Butte and then, this morning, in Lethbridge itself. We fell in love with two houses on Saturday - one in Magrath (a totally rebuilt character house - see below) and another in Picture Butte. The Magrath house was incredible and Tan and I were both smitten with it, but, unfortunately, we weren't crazy about the town of Magrath nor the fact that it was that much further south. If only it had been in Lethbridge or Picture Butte...
The other one - in Picture Butte - was beautiful and I think we might make an offer on that one. It was interesting because the ones we went to look at this morning (in Lethbridge city) were our top three pick and none of them were any good. Well, that's not entirely true - one was lovely, but just too small and not practical for our stage in life... It just goes to show that you can't really judge by the internet photos - you really need to see for yourself.

But we had a lovely weekend and there's lots to post about but I need to get to bed so I can get up for work tomorrow, so I have to cut it short... Here's a couple of photos and I've just uploaded a whole bunch more on my Photobucket - album: November 2007.Here's Isabella all dressed for her dedication - doesn't she look impressed?? Ha ha...

This is Tanya on a fun thing we found at a park in Picture Butte!! Too funny!! Erilyn loved it but it made me soooo dizzy!!

Oh, and I got home to "Get Smart"! Yes, KB, I did it! I ended up ordering it from Time-Life as it was a lot cheaper there than anywhere else I saw it. So I now have the complete collection - can't wait to start watching them!

More tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMBO at Tanya in that red thing at the park! I have a feeling I would enjoy that also, LOL! I'm glad you had a good time there with Tanya and Tom, I'm gonna go check out your pictures now.

Love you Mumma!
Mandy