Sorry about that! I know it's been awhile and I don't know why I haven't written...just been busy or not felt like it. More "not felt like it" than "busy", I'm afraid... I'm dealing with (or "was" dealing with) issues in my life that the Lord is working on. I drift and, lately, He's been yanking me back - really hard - and I'm so thankful for that, but sometimes I rebel against the pain of the "yank". I seem to go through days of just not wanting to deal with it and turning my back on His whispers - something I'm ashamed to admit. Sometimes I wonder just what it's going to take for me to sit up and pay attention and the thought of that scares me... But the past couple of days have been good and I'm learning more every day - to ignore the voices of, not only the world around me, but also (and probably more importantly) those in my head that continually accuse me... I need to get back into Bible memorization to combat those voices with Truth...
Anyway, as you may have read on Kristy's blog, she came up and visited with me in the comm centre last Friday night. It was busy, though, and made me remember what summer will be like....argghhhh! The only good thing about it is that by the time you stop and catch your breath, it's already 3 a.m.! And the shift is more than half over. I was thinking that I should have brought my camera to work with me and take a photo of the comm centre for our photoblog contest - a sign of spring!!! It was nuts!!
Sunday I was in the church bookstore until 1:30 and purchased (yeah, I know...it's a good job I don't work there full-time!) a book on CD. I've never bought one before but this was a decent price, so I thought I'd give it a try. So far I'm really enjoying listening to it while I'm driving. Then, in the afternoon, I knitted and finished off the pair of slippers for Tanya's church. Floyd and I also finished up CSI:Miami Season 4, so now I'm all caught up until Season 5's released. Monday, I slept in til 9, which felt really good, even though I missed the Senior's breakfast at A & W with Floyd (fortunately it didn't stop him from going!). During the day, I started setting up my scrapbooking downstairs. I'm using half the ping-pong table to do it, while the other half is taken up with all my papers and supplies. I went over to the mall around 1 to meet with Floyd and walked for awhile with him. I think we got our half-hour in. We then went across the street on the way home - to Creative Scrapbooks - to look for some specialty paper for Mandy's wedding scrapbook. It was Floyd's first time in a scrapbooking store - LOL - I think the prices scared him. I got some really nice papers, though, and was happy with the selection they had. Then, after I got home and started to actually work with some vellum I had (leftover from Mandy's invitations), I realized, "Oh, riiight...I can't glue this stuff on 'cause it leaves a mark..." So, I phoned the lady to ask how the heck it's put on and she told me there's such a thing as vellum tape, or you could use brads. Great.... How could I not have thought of that before?! LOL! Also in the afternoon, while I was online (something I rarely do - sign in to MSN - and I must more often!), Mandy came online. It was *so* good to chat with her. We tried a video call, but her internet there is so bad, it kept kicking her off. She was making an apple pie for Jorge and kept updating me on it's progress. Please continue to pray for her as she's still not feeling 100%. We ended with another "brb" which never happened - waaahhhh...
After supper (I cooked up some ham slices and potatoes), Floyd went to his harmonica practice and I made some vegetable soup. Yummy! I'm trying to learn to make less though (Tanya) - LOL! I only used one container of stock this time but *still* ended up with a full pot! Oh, no! LOL!! Guess what?? I just went and heated up a bowlful (I'm writing this at work) and I was thinking, "That's funny...it looks like it's missing something!". Then I remembered - potatoes! I forgot potatoes!! LOL! And I bought some special little tiny ones especially for it! Okay, so tonight (before we have any more), I'm gonna have to make the potatoes and add them to the soup. Silly me....
After all that (and while the soup simmered), I ran out to Michael's to get - you guessed it - some decorative brads and vellum tape! Sigh. I wanted to make it a quick run but every checkout had a lineup, so it was over half an hour before I was back scrapbooking again. I put my laptop up on the table, threw in Andy Griffith and set to work. I'd momentarily forgotten how much I LOVE scrapbooking! I sure hope Mandy and Jorge are going to be happy with the album... Anyway, when I opened my laptop, I saw that Mandy *had* come back on - double waaahhh! I missed her... I'm really struggling with letting all my kids go to wherever the Lord takes them, but, I gotta tell you, my heart breaks when they cry out and I'm not there for them. All you mothers can identify, I'm sure. I just hate it. I want to hop on the next flight and be there, to give her a hug. Mandy, I love you so much and I'm praying for you... Thank you so much for writing and telling me how you feel - I always want to know about your "stuff", so that I can support you in prayer.... Please don't ever stop telling me just 'cause of how I feel, okay??
Back to my day: I'd gotten a call from work before supper, asking if I'd do an overtime shift on Tuesday and they even said I could come in at 10, so I said yes. But, this morning when I woke up, I can't say I was glad I'd made that decision, as I really wanted to settle back into my craft, but I know I'll be glad when the paycheque comes in.... As I was getting my stuff ready to go, the phone rang - it was Mandy! Yeah!! It was good to chat and find out how the pie fared (it was delicious) and just to talk with her, ignoring the fact that we're (how many?) miles apart... We talked for over 20 minutes and then we both had to go. She gave me her cell phone number as well but she's not sure it will work. Story of our lives... I am so thankful, though, that she has Jorge to look after her, to make sure she eats and sleeps properly, and doesn't get too stressed out. That's such a blessing. More importantly, of course, is that she's in the arms of Jesus and what more could I ask for?
That's it for now...is this enough, KB??
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yipee!! Mum posted!! I always love reading your blogs and I want to thank you for being my Mum and also my best friend! I love you more then words can ever say! I'm glad you got to do some scrapbooking - I wish I had a place I could set it up and leave it - I think I would do it more!!
I love you so much and had lots of fun with you on Friday night :-)
Love,
KB
Your basement is a lot less cluttered than mine! And with more light! Just pick up a table from somewhere and you should be good to go!
Love you, too!
Mum
Post a Comment