...at my work!!! Wow!! Today was the first day that half of the Comm center (the half I was working in - tee hee...) was finished enough that we got to use our new workstations!! Incredible! They move up and down (all 3 computer screens as well as the 2 keyboards), have their own separate heat/cool air/lighting, etc... Talk about "state of the art"!! It's so nice. They're still working on the other half of the room, doing flooring, painting, etc., so there's still a bit of noise. Having the lights down in the centre changes the whole atmosphere - just de-stresses a very stressful place. They have also moved the stations so that they are closer together in proximity (saves yelling across the room), while still giving everyone more space individually. As you can tell, it made my day!
We were going to go to a church tonight and hear an Easter concert that "starred" two friends of mine - Craig (a constable) and Shaun (co-worker)...but...the snow started with a fury about 2:00 and by the time to go home, the roads were so icy and it was blizzarding out. Floyd and I made the decision to forgo the concert - I was disappointed and I'm sure the guys will be, too - but the thought of tackling downtown/Whyte Avenue traffic in those conditions just didn't appeal to me. I was glad I made the decision on the way home because people were driving crazy (tailgating) and the roads were like skating rinks!
We did, however, pick up Staven and bring him home. Now everything has been done on him that was on an inspection we had done about 8 weeks ago, apart from a brakes "flush", a new passenger side mirror and a new windshield - we figured those could wait a bit. The handsome man is happy and looking good - just have to give him a wash once the snow stops! I think it was a good investment because he (hopefully!) still has a lot of miles on him....
It's my 3rd day trying a new Weight Watcher's plan - I was on the Core plan which just gave you a list of foods you can eat (lean meats/veggies/fruits/etc - basically most foods in their natural form). I liked that, and still do, because I didn't have to count anything (ha ha). However, I think I was taking liberties and maybe not watching my servings because I seemed to have reached a plateau. Sooooo...for a week, at least, maybe more if it goes well, I've switched to the traditional Flex plan, where you basically have to monitor and count points for everything you eat. It gives me freedom to eat the "forbidden, while still healthy" foods that you can't on the Core plan, but has the down side of doing the paperwork! However, I think I need that right now and I can always switch back if I want to. I'm a member online and love all the advantages that gives me... Determined this time to stick it through and have the asterisk of "*Results not typical" beside my name (remember that old blog...). Pray for me if you think about it. God has been speaking to me more and more lately about the sin of gluttony (hate the word) and I've really been convicted of that present in my life... (wow, did I just say that on my blog!). Oh, well, if you want to get to know me, there you go....
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad they are getting the com center done. You did seem a bit happier when you got home. Except for the snow situation. Don't worry sweetie I know you can stick to it.
Post a Comment