Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Birthday, Derrick!!

Today is my big brother's birthday - he lives way over in France and I'm not sure he even reads this, but, if you do...Happy Birthday, Derrick!!

Well, we just got back from spending 2 1/2 days with Kristy and Bob in Blackfalds. We (Floyd, Cassie and I) drove down Good Friday morning and came back last night. Floyd came down all prepared to make some delicious meals (a roast, a ham and a turkey - what were we thinking!??) and we picked up some trimmings in the afternoon when we got there. It was a lot of fun - we played Yahtzee, Nintendo, Disney Scene-It, and watched some more CSI. After playing Scene-It on Saturday afternoon, we decided to have a Disney night and watch some that Floyd hadn't seen. So we watched Nemo and Mulan - I'd seen both before, but only once and that was a long time ago. Hudson and Madison had their usual "moments" resulting, basically, in us having to separate them for the weekend - sorry, puppies!

Sunday we went to Kentwood Alliance for their Easter service and it was wonderful - got some things settled with the Lord, and that's always good... For lunch on Sunday, we snacked on leftover roast "beast" and ham, while Floyd and Kristy prepared the stuffing for the turkey (evening meal). Kristy followed Tanya's footsteps (from Christmas) and decided to watch and learn the "secrets" of the turkey preparation... Here's some pics of the preparation:

I am also still churning out knitted socks and was lost at one point of Sunday afternoon when I ran out of yarn. I find I love to knit and am enjoying doing it while watching TV. While we were there I got Cass to pick out some yarn (she chose pink - no surprise there!) and I made her a pair. I also finished a pair I was making for myself. Floyd's next on the list! 'Here's our feet while we were playing Nintendo!

Sunday evening, Kristy and Bob's friends, Colin and Leah (hope I spelled their names right!) came over to help us eat turkey. It was fun getting to know them and hearing about their upcoming plans to go to Tibet to work with Worldwide Evangelistic Crusade. It's exciting to see young couples heading out around the world.... They are going in as students for two years to learn the language first.

I woke up this morning, prepared to go to work, but I hadn't slept well and felt like I was coming down with some kind of stomach bug. I soon realized that most of my day was gonna be spent in close proximity of the bathroom, so I called in and went back to bed. I slept all day, only getting up to go to the bathroom. But it's 4 p.m. now, and I've moved out onto the couch and am feeling a bit better. Hopefully I'll be back at work tomorrow.

So, that was our weekend... Oh, yeah, one more thing: Buffy had a baby girl - 5 weeks early, so we need to be praying for both of them! Congrats Buffy and Nathan - and welcome, baby Camryn!!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Thanks so much for coming down and visiting - I love spending time with you and Dad! (and Cass) I love you so much - thanks also for the slippers! I love them!!

Love you lots and hope you feel better soon!!

KB

Anonymous said...

gracoas por escribir, espero que te recuperes pronto de salud, trata de descansar y tomar liquidos. cuidate mucho tu amiga Sulay

Anonymous said...

sorryyyy se escribe gracias. sulay saludame a Floyd.