I've got time on my hands here at work (at least until the phone rings again), so I thought I'd do a post. Not much happened yesterday - Floyd and I slept in until about 9 which was nice, then we puttered around the house. We're both feeling a little "unsettled", I think, is the best word for it. Just kinda finding it hard to buckle down and tackle daily stuff that needs to be done...but we'll get to it soon enough.
Later on in the morning, we went to Home Outfitters as he had a $30 gift card that he'd been given. We were looking for placemats to go with our new china and found some nice sage-colored ones that are plain-colored and really make the design on the plates stand out. I also found a purse in the store next to it called Design Depot - ever heard of it? I'd never been there before, it's like a clearance place for the Bay and Zellers - a lot of clothes. Yeah, re the purse... Funny thing about purses... I'd sort of always had the idea that you bought one and when it was all worn out (could take up to 5 years or more!), you went shopping for a new one! Well, while Mandy was here, she started coming home with these really cute purses, so I was talking to her about it, kinda like asking her..."You can do that? buy more than one?" Her response? Something about remembering how on I Love Lucy, that Lucy didn't have the purse to match her shoes... LOL. Soooo...ever since then, I've given myself "permission" to look at purses even though my Chilean one is still perfectly good! I bought a cute little one for Sunday (or times when I'm not carrying my usual load around) and then, today, a bigger one to replace (for awhile) my Chilean one! This is fun! But don't worry, Floyd, no more for at least a few more months....
Back to yesterday... After we got home, Floyd had some soup for lunch and I laid down to try and catch a few winks before nightshift. I think I dozed off for about an hour, so that was good. Then I finished the slippers I'm working on (I think they have Kristy's name on them...) while watching CSI. It started to snow again in the late afternoon - just in time for me to drive to work, but it wasn't too bad...
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yipee!! The slippers have my name on them!!!! I can't wait to see them and to see you!!
Post a Comment