Sunday, February 18, 2007

That's what I get for being nice!

Ha ha... yeah, I took an overtime shift last night - felt sorry for the supervisor as she was pretty desperate. My only conditions? That I'd be out by 4 a.m. as I had to work in the church bookstore this morning. Ha ha.... So, I went in at 8:30 p.m. and it wasn't too bad and just when I was wondering if they really even needed me, everything hit the fan! And I was the magnet!!! What the heck?? First of all, a real serious assault case that kept me busy for over an hour (and continued all night long) and then a pursuit! Whooo hoo!! Let's just say I had my adrenaline rush for the next 6 months! And, to top it all off, it happened just before 4, so I didn't get out of there until after 5 because of all the paperwork involved in serious incidents. Good news? I did get paid for the extra hour. :) Bad news? I was so hyper when I got home (felt like I had had about 6 cups of coffee!!), that there was no way I could sleep. So, when my alarm went off at 7:45, I had only dozed for a few minutes.... ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz........

So, I guess a nap will be on the schedule for this afternoon - hadn't planned for it but gotta do what I gotta do!! It sure was fun though!!!

At church, everyone is asking about the "beautiful couple" (Mandy and Jorge!) and how they are doing. They sure made a lot of friends while they were here and we are so thankful for those friendships. Lots of prayer support for them, we know.

Tomorrow night we're gonna see KB and Bob for the evening, so that'll be nice - just hope the weather stays warm and there's no snow in the forecast - enough is enough!!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wendy,
I hope and pray that you have a fabulous trip to Chile. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures once you come home!

God Bless!
Erin

Kristy said...

I want to go to Chile too, TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!

Can't wait to see you soon!!

Kristy said...

Come on Mumma....it's been a month!! Are you going to blog again???

Love you so much!!
KB