Sunday, February 11, 2007

I find that once I get behind on this thing, it's hard to catch up... All of a sudden, you're scrambling to remember what you did yesterday and the day before (a challenge for me - LOL!), and it all goes downhill from there...

Our focus the past few days has been preparing to be empty-nesters again as we say goodbye to Jorge and Mandy once again... We sure are going to miss them. I've been hanging out with Mandy, doing some shopping with her, going to interviews for her schooling, etc. I just want to spend the time with her that I can (and not think about when she goes back...). I've been knitting a lot, as well, and am finding it really relaxing. I made two pairs of slippers this week - one for Jorge (complete with the Nike swash!!) and for Tanya (coming your way soon, Tan!).

We went to first service today - it was Pastor Keith and he told us a bit about his two-week trip to Indonesia. It sounds like they had a good and worthwhile time. I'd love to go on a short-term mission trip but it seems like my leave time is always used up with something else. Maybe if I can get some overtime and bank it as lieu time, I should... Once Mandy and Jorge have gone back, I can pick up the occasional shift here and there (as long as I leave time for trips to Lethbridge!). Staffing from St Albert detachment called me the other day - they are desperate for people - so I might go there for an interview this week. If I can get on casual there - just 1-2 shifts per month... It will be good for me to get the detachment experience, in case I ever decide to move out of the comm centre.

I'm enjoying my photography - I love experimenting with different techniques and can't wait til summer when there is more sunlight and I can get outside to take some interesting shots. Even rain shots will be better than the white, white, white of winter!!

That's all for now because I want to see what they're up to downstairs. Mandy is getting to the point (she always gets this way the day before she leaves!!) now where she wants to start taking things out of her suitcases ("I'm bringing too much stuff, Mum!!"). Ha ha...I try and get her to wait for the feeling to go away... Cassie and Samantha are over today, just hanging out with them and "helping" them pack.

No comments: