Sunday was a nice relaxing day - we went to church in the morning and heard a really good message by Rod, one of our new pastors. He uses such awesome analogies to get Biblical truths across (kind of like Jesus did!) and it sure gets the points home...
After church we went to the Cornell's for lunch - it was wonderful. We all had a lovely time, just relaxing and chatting. They were showing us their daughter's sketches - she does incredibly detailed pencil drawings, mainly of portraits - and we enjoyed seeing them. Jorge and Paul talked a lot of politics - main issue seems to always come back to Bolivia and their "ocean" (and/or lack of one!!). Paul and I were trying to reason with a proud Chilean about how they could just give Bolivia a tiny little piece of land to the ocean and they wouldn't even miss it! But, no, as usual, Jorge won't bend! Ha ha...we were just joking but had a lot of fun with it! We were there until about 5, then headed home to relax before bedtime. The evening was spent vegging, reading, watching CSI Miami, etc.... I finally posted my January challenge photos to the Photoblog Challenge as well, as did Kristy and Floyd. There are some really good pics and ideas on there! Oh, yes! I also taught Mandy how to start knitting. We sat on the futon and she did a few rows. Jorge wants her to learn so she can knit up slippers for them! Ha ha - in the end she looked at me and said, "Who are we kidding here? I'm not going to knit by myself in Chile!". Needles were chucked and the lesson ended there. She was doing really well, though. It's just getting used to handling the needles and how to hold the thread. The stitch itself isn't hard. Who knows, maybe she'll try again. If not, I'll try and keep their feet warm with care packages!!
Monday saw me back at work for a day two shift (8:30-8:30). As soon as I got there, my supervisor called me into her office (eeek....). However, it was to congratulate me on the way I handled the call from my last nightshift (see post from a couple of days ago). Apparently the constable that attended the scene had written up a report on me, as well as one of my co-workers who was working that night! So, I not only had two of those in my file, but my supervisor also told me that she didn't feel they alone were sufficient (!) and she was going to be getting me some kind of a gift as a token of my work! Wow! I've never heard of that before! It made me feel good even though I still think anyone else would have done the same thing in my place. Then (ha ha) she also went on to say they were cutting a CD of the recording for "training purposes". She said she had to listen to it first but was sure it would be beneficial for new candidates. Okay...here's where I said, "Uh...okay...but, first, I have to tell you something!". She asked, "What?" and I proceeded to tell her that I had mentioned God a couple of times - I'd told him that his life was a gift from God (she had no problem with that) and I also told him towards the end that I would be praying for him, etc. I told her that, at that time, I considered his soul more important than my job. She told me she really appreciated my honesty and that she had no problem with what I said - whew....ha ha. Don't get me wrong - I wasn't at all regretting what I told him, I just wanted my employer to be aware of it before she listened to the call. I also asked if I could re-listen to it and I was able to - on my break. The call was one hour long! It didn't seem that long at the time. It brought back a lot of the emotion for me and was hard but would have been a lot harder had it not turned out well. Thank the Lord. I'm continuing to pray for him - that this won't happen again....
This afternoon Mandy and I had a shopping date - but I'll blog more about that tomorrow...gotta nap before work!
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It was a good day. I am glad that you could relax. Hope you had fun with Mandy on your shopping trip. Gland your boss realized what a good job you do. I am proud of you sweetie.
Love you
Post a Comment