
Here you go, KB - some pics of my bracelet! Today I recieved an Award of Distinction for my call from the other day. It was embarrassing for me because they made a really big fuss out of it (brought in the new trainee class, the chaplain, Ssgt Moore, etc...). My supervisor made a short speech.... She even made a dessert! I did appreciate the thought, though, and I love the bracelet - sterling silver, nice and simple. Underneath the buffalo insignia it says, "Distinction" in script. Later on, Cst Verge (who responded to the call) came in as well, to visit and congratulate me. It was nice to meet him and hear his side of "the story".I was late for work today (smooth move on the day I was being "recognized"!! LOL!). I was supposed to be working 0830 - 2030 but they changed me and I didn't know. So I got a wake up call at 0648 from my supervisor. I was in by 0730 though, so it wasn't too bad. They are changing the whole comm centre around and, boy, is it confusing. We were sitting in what's normally called the "Fort McMurray" pod and yet we were doing Edmonton East! They are building whole new workstations - it will be so nice when it's finished. We've been dreaming of this for years! The whole configuration of the centre will be changed, too, to (hopefully) make it work better for us.
It was really cold today but I got into a warm car for my drive home as I am now the proud owner of....Staven! Yes, we are buying Mandy's car but it seems funny driving it without her being here. I'm taking care of him for you, Mandy! It will be nice for Floyd, as well, to be able to hop in a car for his errands rather than take the truck.
Well, I'm going to go now as I need to finish watching my Spanish DVDs for review. I have really been slacking off for the past six months - it's too bad....
4 comments:
Well done...and definitely well deserved.
I love you sweetie and you deserve it for sure.You probably should get an award for putting up with me for all these years. Yes it will be nice to use the car but not sure Madison is going to approve of the car. It has 2 seats in the front instead of the bench seat like the truck. Guess she'll learn to climb over eh?
Very nice bracelet Mumma - I am so proud of you, and I know you don't like to be the center of attention, but I think it is nice that they acknowledged the work you do! You are the best operator!
Love you so much!
KB
Thanks everyone... and, Floyd, the fun we've had together as a family is all the reward I'll ever need! Not to mention the daily rewards we are seeing now as we look at the godly women our girls have grown to be...
Tell Madison to make sure she doesn't leave any hair on Stella's seats (cause she's allergic!). I'm sure she'll be comfortable sitting in the passenger seat and looking out the window (sigh...).
Post a Comment