Friday, March 30, 2007

Okay, Okay, I'll admit it....

...I judge a book by it's cover - I so do!!! And, not only that, but I have found that I judge a wine by it's label!! (Mandy, back me up here!!) I thought that I did but found when in Chile, looking at their wines, that I was drawn to the pretty or unusual labels - who cares what they taste like - LOL!!

Well, when we got back, our Chilean neighbor heard of my hankering towards sweet wines (no, I'm talking really sweet wines here!!) and gave me a bottle of Late Harvest - a Chilean wine that is made from "late picked grapes selected for ripeness and balance" - meaning it is made from the tiny little grapes that are allowed to stay on the vine the longest (their version of ice wines seeing as they don't get cold enough temps to make ice wine). Well, it was awesome, so, as Floyd was buying some of "his" wine today, I thought I'd check out some more Late Harvest (yes, the bottle he gave me is gone already, but it's only 375 ml!!). Anyway, sorry I'm rambling here.... I found and bought the Late Harvest but also saw another that perked my interest - folks, I confess, this one was purchased solely for the label!! And, look Kristy!! It's made to go with shepherd's pie!! How could I resist?? I'll let you know how the Llama tastes!! LOL!

Okay...on the same topic! Saw another wine that I just couldn't buy (even though half of me really, really wanted to!) solely because of the label!! Are you ready? Here it is (internet photo, so I hope you can make it out...):


Can you? "Cat's Pee on a Gooseberry Bush"!!!! ROTFLOL!!! Not sure I could drink it....

2 comments:

Floyd said...

I'm not sure I like the NAME of either of those bottles. For sure not the second one. Tell me why would you put a label on a bottle of wine called Big Fat Lama??? What does wine and Lama's have in common eh?

Kristy said...

Ok Mum - I meant to comment on this earlier, sorry it's taken me so long to. I want you to know, that I am just like you in so many ways, I too, admit it. I judge a book by the cover! I actually don't even read the back of a book, as long as the cover looks good I buy it!! haha

Regarding the wine, "Big fat Llama" - hahaha We are going to have to make shepherds pie to see if this wine is good with it like they say it is. I know Dad would love to have some shepherds pie with his wine!! haha

Also, glad to see you didn't buy the Cats pee on a gooseberry bush -that is just so wrong, I don't even want to think what it looks like or tastes like for that matter!! GROSS!!!