The last two days have been really lazy days for me - yesterday I was still recuperating from whatever attacked me the day before. My stomach felt better but I had a killer headache. I was starting to get better around supper time. I had a call from Julie early in the day, who said she was in town and might stop by, and, sure enough, she did - just as Floyd 's men's group started. She brought (tow-truck driver) Tom, with her (ha ha) - it was my first time meeting him and he seems really nice. He better be 'cause if he hurts my Jules, I might have to hunt him down.... Julie looked really great - has lost over 40 lbs now - on Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers. I'm debating switching from the Core Plan to the Flex Plan with Weight Watchers - just for a week - to see if I like it better. Although the bottom line is that if I stuck with either I would lose the weight...that's where self-discipline comes in and the Lord's working on that (me, too!).
Anyway, we had a good visit - I wish now I'd taken a photo of her (seeing as a Julie sighting is a rare thing!) but there you go... It'll have to wait until KB and I go on a road trip to Peace River, I guess. That and an auction, KB - put it on your agenda!! We're waaaay overdue for both! Speaking of "rare sighting", Julie has a photo she's going to email me that (if she ever does!) I will have to post on here! Wait for it!!!
Oh, I also talked online with Mandy and Jorge yesterday and today - not for long but any contact with them is great! If you haven't checked out their website lately, do so for Mandy's latest adventure! She'll have to write a book one day on her South American experiences!!
So, yeah, most of my day today was finishing laundry, knitting slippers (finally a pair for myself - sorry everyone, you're next!!) and watching CSI:Miami. Just finished Season 2 and starting Season 3 which, according to Kristy and Jorge is the best season so far... I was NOT impressed with the first episode but Jorge had warned me it was coming, so that helped a bit! I need to get back into scrapbooking - I think I'm going to start with Mandy's Canadian wedding and go from there. Soon - maybe my next set of days off...
Still no news from the doctor - I must confess I'm anxious and bugging Floyd about it - maybe it's because people keep asking us for updates, I don't know... Or maybe it's just 'cause I want it out and over with before it gets worse... Sorry, honey. Bottom line is that doctors take their sweet time and I have to learn patience....
This evening is just gonna be a relaxin' one, I think... It sure feels good.
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dear espero que estes mejor de tu salud, deben ser los nervios, un beso para Floyd y para ti los quiere Sulay, estamos con ustedes.
Gracias, Sulay! Voy a escribirte pronto, te promeso!!
Te queiro mucho....
Must be nice just maxin' and relaxin! Too bad I couldn't join you! Glad you got to see Julie - it was nice to talk to her on the phone and I agree - we are overdue on a road trip and an auction!! Hopefully we can go soon!
Sorry about the first episode of CSI, at least you knew what was happening - when I saw it I had no idea!!! At least you were informed before you saw it!
I can't wait for my new slippers. (hint, hint! hehe)
Love you Mum! Hope you have a great day!
Post a Comment