Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Lots to blog about....

...but I don't want to lose your interest, so maybe I'll divide this into two days...

First of all, I just wanted to share with you a poem that was written by our Associate Pastor at Beulah, Rob Chartrand. He read the poem on Sunday and it touched my heart...so I wrote and asked him for a copy. It's for my own personal use, so if you use or copy it, please give him the credit and/or ask his permission. He was talking about the people of this world needing our love, not our judgment, and it made me think of so many of my friends that I've now left and how much I love them and have tried to show them the love of Jesus. And I pray that, for those friends, God would bring someone else, another Christ-follower, into their lives - to take them the next step... When Rob recited the poem, it tugged at my heartstrings and brought tears to my eyes and...well, anyway...here it is:

I hugged a homosexual once;
I told him of my love;
A love that flows from deep within,
A love from God above.

Although I am not gay myself,
I surely must confess,
That though I don’t agree with him,
I’ll love him nonetheless.

I ate lunch with a prostitute;
From her I would not buy;
And though the world just shook its head,
I simply asked it, “Why?”

More than myself I loved this girl,
More than my very life;
Forgetting all that she had done,
I looked beyond her strife.

I kissed a politician’s baby;
I let him kiss mine too;
I likely will not vote for him;
I do not share his views.

No matter what he says or does;
No matter if he wins;
No matter if he ruins my life,
I pledge my love to him.

I say I’m not a perfect man;
I’ve nearly sinned my fill;
And God who knows all things about me,
Says that He loves me still.

God loves my soul – my soul so black;
I know this much is true;
And God loves every other soul,
No matter what they do.

- Rob Chartrand

No comments: