....sorry. It's been a long time. Kristy keeps telling me I need to update and she's right - I do. My days are filled with unpacking boxes, looking for stuff (income tax papers...eeek), finding "stuff" and not knowing where to put it, and, today...painting!! I'm SO excited about painting! Sorry, Floyd...he's not as excited...ha ha. I hate the preparation but love the end result so much, it's worth the temporary mess. And then I can start hanging my pictures and putting up my Wall Talk!!
Today we started the living room. A couple of days ago, Jorge painted their bedroom downstairs - a daring light green - and it looks wonderful! I love to take chances and be daring in my painting but am usually discouraged by Floyd or someone else. Well, Mandy and I make a great team because she encourages me to "go for it"!! Soooo...put our heads together and what did we come up with?? RED! Yup, red. Well, not brilliant (although it did look bright in the can) but more a darker, browner red. However, we were not willing to commit to the whole room being red, so we decided to put a brown on two of the walls and red on the others. We love both the colors - especially the red - with the white furniture it looks awesome. The only problem we have is where the two colors meet. Mind you, it has only been an hour or so, so we have to live with it for awhile for it to grow on us... Hopefully the rest of the family will love it as well. Thank you, Jorge, for your help!!! He was finishing a wall when I left for work. Tomorrow: the dining room!!!
Floyd is getting to know a lot of people in Picture Butte - he goes every morning for his "coffee with the guys" and has been invited to join them to other events at the Community/Senior Centre. I'm happy for him as it keeps him busy and he's happy when he's with people.
My job is going okay. I'm finding it a challenge because...it's often boring. I know that sounds funny but, compared to my previous adrenalin-packed career, this one is very low-key and often mundane. But that's okay, just different that's all. Apart from that, I do enjoy it and am getting more confident in my tasks. I'll be glad when my training is over (end of May) and my shifts are cut back to 8-hours rather than the 12-hour ones. Especially with summer coming and the garden beckoning me. I can't wait to get out there and (a) see what plants I have, and (b) plant new ones!
Anyway, gotta run - at least I updated a bit. I'm still working on going through my Africa photos during my spare (??) time and will be posting them soon. Sorry for the delay!!
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment